Thursday, February 6, 2014

Electrical problems...

6 February 2014: So, a bunch of outlets in my kitchen stopped working on Sunday. After trying to fix them on my own, (consulting the fuse box, clicking various buttons on outlets), I called an electrician, who tried to talk me through fixing them over the phone. That didn't work, so he came out for a service call this morning. As I suspected, he fixed the problem in about 30 seconds by pressing the button I had been pressing. Apparently I wasn't pressing it right. Sigh. (I had a feeling...)

And, of course, he had to charge me for the call. I get it--I knew he would. It's not like he didn't try to talk me through the "free solution" on the phone. So...that was one expensive button-push.

But I am choosing to make this my "year of thanks" thing for the day because A) it made me laugh out loud (and made the electrician laugh, too), B)  I do have the money--something I am so grateful for and, C) I was also prepared for it to be something bigger and more expensive. When all is said and done, $67.50 isn't too bad for a lesson learned, a good laugh, and an appreciation for what I have.

No comments: