Saturday, February 1, 2014

A clean car...

1 Februrary 2014: Like everyone else around here, I've been driving around in a filthy car (filthy on the outside--I keep "Little Blue Car"* pretty darn clean inside). I stopped by the car wash today and found the line five cars long for the "drive-through." (And all the do-it-yourself stalls were full, too.) So I waited, listening to some of my favorite podcasts, took my turn, and drove home in a shiny clean car. The whole process probably took 30 or 40 minutes, but I didn't mind.

Time to think. Time to do a bit of people-watching. Time to listen to some good stories. The zen experience of watching the car wash do its thing when it was my turn. The satisfaction of having something lovely and clean. All of these are good things.

Not such a good thing? All the nasty weather predicted for this week, including a snow storm which seems to have caught our weather forecasters by surprise. Grumble. And so much for the clean car. Oh well. Focus on the good, right?

*"Little Blue Car" is the only name I've ever come up with for the car. It works quite well. 

No comments: