Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bonnie

Yesterday I learned that a dear friend from graduate school passed away in November. Her father sent me a letter after receiving the Christmas card I sent to her. Since I heard the news, I've been flooded with memories. Bonnie was such an awesome person: kind, compassionate, funny, smart, and just all-around good. She was also an amazing Christian, a woman who really lived a life of faithful witness and service. She made the world a better place and, if we honor her memory, she will keep on making the world a better place.

I'll miss you, my friend.

Me, Gretchen, and Bonnie, back when Bonnie and I visited Gretchen after she started her job. She was the first of our group to get a tenure-track job, so this was a big deal. We are pointing to Gretchen's name on the sign.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that your friend is gone...but I'm glad you can carry her memory with you through this often unpredictable life. Hugz!

Heidi said...

Thanks, Anna!