Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Quick grading break...

Today doesn't feel quite like summer for a number of reasons. It's cool outside and a bit damp. The sun hasn't been out much this afternoon/evening. And--worst of all--I am grading midterm exams. Yup: these summer sessions fly by. Grading midterms is a bit more work than finals because I have to write actual, intelligible comments on these since the students get them back. (No one ever asks to get their final exams back.) The good news is that I've only got 13 to grade.

Still, I wish it felt a bit more summer-like. (Note:  I am not asking for a heat wave. Please--no heat waves!) Some things that help: One, the Yankees are playing the Rays tonight and it's on the MLB Network so I can watch. Second, my mind is on a decidedly summer concern: my air conditioning, which is most likely broken (although it hasn't been a problem with these cooler temperatures). I called to get someone to look at it last Wednesday (when it was warmer) and tomorrow is the earliest appointment they had. It actually isn't that big a deal since I hardly ever run it even when it is hot. Regardless, maybe I should have gone into the heating and cooling business. 'Cause apparently, business is booming.

Anyway, back to my exams. Five more to go.

No comments: