Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Saving money...

...is one of my favorite things. And I just did it again.

Got my monthly cable/internet bill, noticed it had gone up by $35, figured that the promotion I had had finally ended. Called Comcast. Heard that I would have to wait 20-30 minutes. Figured, "What the heck" and got some multitasking done while I waited. Got transferred three times but finally got connected to someone who gave me a better package (again, for 12 months) for $40 less and credited my account for the bigger payment I just made. This is (I think) the third time I've done this when a promotion has ended. I know people complain about Comcast, but this makes me very happy!

4 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

We are here to help! I am happy to know we were able to work something out for you.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

AMT said...

Awesome! And you got an official Comcast response! Wow!

Heidi said...

I thought that was kind of "big brother is watching you," but also kind of cool. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about this Heidi.We just got money off of our bill thanks to your blog.We were not aware that comcast would even do that.....

I agree with you about the big brother thing as well though.I just kind of felt like I was in a "1984" scene reading that response lol!