Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Quick summer pics...

Ah, summer. Sometimes it brings us great things, like zucchini fresh from the garden.


I sauteed this baby--the first fruit of the season--a couple of weeks ago. Delicious! (There's another possible crisis in the garden right now...perhaps some kind of wilt. I really hope not.)

Sometimes summer brings us awful things, like last week's heat wave. This is how my car greeted me about a week ago:


How rude, right? And this was in the evening, not even the heat of the day. Ugh. Thank goodness that's over (for now.)

These past couple of days have been better, bringing us some much needed rain. We went about three weeks without a single drop falling, so you can imagine how my lawn looks right now. It's still kind of humid and a bit gross, but compared to last week, it's paradise!

No comments: