Wednesday, July 28, 2010

101 Syllabizing: done!

I just submitted my syllabus to the copy center today, so it's (more or less) set now. Here's what we're doing: a paper on the all-campus read, a paper on the Little Albert study, a paper on this study on teacher expectations and the Pygmalion effect, and a paper/group presentations on social psychology. Each group will be assigned one of the following famous psychological study to research and present to the class: the Milgram experiment, the Stanford Prison experiment, the Kitty Genovese case, and Solomon Asch's study on opinions and social pressure.

I've only written the first paper assignment, but know (more or less) what the second and third will be, too. I'm still kicking around ideas for the last paper and group presentations, but at least the topics are set, and that feels good.

One class down...two to go. Well, technically three, but I am teaching two sections of the same class, so it feels a lot more like "two to go."

4 comments:

AMT said...

Is there a scary lady who runs the copy center there?

Heidi said...

Ha! I forgot about the scary copy lady! I used to suck up to her so much to try to keep her from hating me.

Heidi said...

By the way, I've never even been to our copy center at Shepherd. We just put our documents in a folder in the department mail room, the mail guy takes the folder away, and then, like magic, the copies appear a day or two later!

AMT said...

No amount of sucking up would win that lady over. It sounds like Shepherd has a good system worked out.