Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bing's birthday...

Bing turned 8 today. That's hard for me to believe...he's getting up there, isn't he? Luckily he doesn't show his age at all. He is still playful and spry and just as cute as ever. (Yes, I am biased.)

Yesterday I went to both Petsmart and Petco to find a little present for him, but couldn't find anything that A) I knew he would play with, B) we didn't already have some version of (just how many toy mice does a cat need?) and C) didn't cost more than $10 or so. (To avoid any "crazy cat lady" labeling, let me explain that the Petco stop wasn't intentional--I was at a shopping center where there was one and figured I'd check it out...)

So instead, I just got him one of those Fancy Feast Appetizer things. I figured he could share it with Wesley when I got home from work today. Video footage below. Notice how invisible I become the second they start eating. Also notice the high quality of those Appetizers. There's a whole freakin' shrimp in there!



For the record, my decision not to buy him any new toys for his birthday was validated by his toys of choice this evening--a couple of balled-up pieces of paper. Affordable fun for the whole family!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Happy birthday, Bing! Hide and Seek have lots of mousies, too, but mostly they play with bottle caps and each others' tails.