Monday, December 14, 2009

Goodbye to an old friend...


Sad news from New York: my parents' cat Bailey died today suddenly at the age of 15. (The doctor thinks it was a heart attack.) He was just fine when I saw him over Thanksgiving. He and I even fell asleep together on the couch one night, with him snoring happily away. He really was a major part of our lives for so long--in fact, it is strange for me to call him my "parents' cat" since for so long (when I considered NY my home), I would have called him "my cat," too. (The semantics of these things evolve when you move away and get your "own" pets.)

My parents are understandably shocked and very sad. Couldn't have come at a worse time for them, for lots of reasons I won't go into right now. To tell you the truth, I cried my eyes out when I heard. He was a great cat and I'll miss him a lot.


4 comments:

Shannon said...

so sorry to hear that Heidi... my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. hugs and purrs...love, shannon and all my furry babies

Kate said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey. Like Shannon, I'm sending my prayers to you & your family. I know it hurts to lose a beloved pet.

Hide and Seek send their love, too. (It comes with a dose of batting at your hair, but it's still love.)

Heidi said...

Thanks, Shannon and Kate. :)

AMT said...

Awwwwww...Bailey... I'm so sorry about this.