Saturday, August 15, 2009

New house: visit with the family

As I mentioned below, Christian and his kids were my first houseguests and Erin and Eric visited as well on this past Sunday. Some pictures from that day, most of which I've left uncropped to give you a good view of the yard and the neighborhood.


Kelsie, complete with J-Lo glasses, at the Shepherdstown Farmers Market.


Aidan at Home Depot, where Christian helped me pick out a lawn mower. He encouraged me to pick out a self-propelled model (but not a ride-on, despite what my nephew would have wanted) and even did the lawn for the first time himself.


Erin and Eric on the back deck. Behind them, you can see the door that leads into the large living rooom/dining room (it's one long room that can serve as both).


Even though it was hotter than heck outside, we played a bit of wiffleball outside. Here's Erin at the bat.


Aidan and Kelsie. It is very hard to get my brother's kids to make normal faces in pictures, especially both of them in the same shot.


Wonder where they get it? Here's Christian at the grill. He's standing in the fenced-in patio in the backyard. You walk down the deck and onto this patio.


More wiffleball. This is the backyard sort of facing the side street.

Did I mention it was hot? Look at how red Aidan's face is!

More pictures to come later...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

looks like you guys had a great first BBQ at the new place!!

AMT said...

I want to visit! It looks like a fun time.