Sunday, July 5, 2009

Even more from Mike S.: his creative side...

So Mike S. was more than just a sweet-talker: he was also kind of creative. I can't draw to save my life (and wasn't any better back then!), so I imagine I was quite impressed by his efforts.

Take for example, this little font he designed. (Again, very hard to read unless you click on it--sorry about that.)




It's not tough enough to be any kind of code, but he did write several notes in it.

Then consider this sweet little drawing of us driving off into (well, away from, actually) the sunset.



Finally, lots of the notes had little drawings on them, like this one which features a "You may kiss the bride" illustration on top.



Transcription: "Dear Heidi, How was your Easter? Mine was great! Why don't you ever write back? I feel like I just waste paper. Oh, I finally got my new glasses. I look like a nerd. There a little tinted, but the guy who made them tinted them too much. That's why I think anyway. Love Mike."

So just how tinted should a fourth-grader's glasses be? That's not an easy question for a kid living on Long Island in the mid-80s, I guess.

No comments: