Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Philosophical Insights from Vogel

So the other night, my good friend Vogel and I are having a deep conversation about good, evil, and human nature. I was explaining that my little sister, who works as a psychologist in a juvenile detention center, was talking with a co-worker about why people do awful things to each other. Her colleague, who has also worked in adult prisons, made this sad statement: "Anyone can do anything." (You need to understand this in an ominous way--not in a "yay for humanity!" kind of way.) My sister says she isn't convinced of that (yet).

Here was Vogel's reaction: "I believe it. Say you put me on an island and starved me. I could eat someone's butt. I'm not sure I could keep it down, but..."

After I got done laughing, I told her I was so putting this on my blog. She said, "Go ahead. Do it. I'm proud if it."

1 comment:

Someday_phd said...

Butts are the obvious choice. What else could she eat? LOL