Monday, April 6, 2009

Opening day...

...at the new Yankee Stadium. Ah, opening day--it always makes me smile because not only are the boys in pinstripes back, but also because it reminds us that spring is here and summer is just around the corner. [Correction--the game's not actually at the Stadium. They are playing at Camden Yards.]

You might enjoy this gallery of memorable opening days from CNN/SI. I've pasted my favorite below: William Howard Taft throwing the first pitch back in 1910.



Get your printable Yankee schedule here. I've got one for the office and one for home.

1 comment:

AMT said...

We have a magnetic Blue Jays' schedule on our refrigerator! They gave them out at the last game we went to last year, which actually was vs. the Yankees. (The Yankees trounced them, btw. :) ) Of course, opening day in Toronto saw about 3 inches of snow, so I hope they closed the roof on the Rogers Centre or it would make for a slippery field!

I don't know if we'll get to go to any games this year, although it would be fun to take Baby to her first game and maybe buy her a little hat to wear.