Tuesday, April 28, 2009

End-of-the-Semester Tallies

Since our last day of regular classes is Friday, it seems like an appropriate time to lay out what I still need to get done. I am particularly proud of myself this semester for getting all the research/critical essays graded for my ENGL 204 and ENGL 312 classes. (That's how I spent last weekend--me and about 45 research papers. What fun!) Having that task done makes a big difference. So here's what's left:

  • 45 papers for ENGL 102, each about 5-6 pages each, 2 sections worth. I get these on Thursday. These classes started off with 25 students each, so about five have dropped or disappeared.
  • 33 final exams for ENGL 204, which I won't get until next week. I think I've officially lost two here, since we started out at 35. I think two or three more might be gone--that is, they've been AWOL as of late, but you never know--sometimes folks just show up for the exam.
  • 12 final exams for ENGL 312, which I also won't get until next week. This class started out with 15 students...three have disappeared. I am pretty sure these will be take-home essay exams, so they will be a bit time-consuming, but still, 12 is a great amount.
Hey--that sounds pretty doable, right?

No comments: