Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Seven weeks to go...

...for the Spring 2009 semester. We're back from break (obviously) and although I came back to school feeling like I'd gotten a whole lot done, I already feel behind (again). A short list of things I need to get done in the next couple of days outside of teaching four classes and all that: my annual report and merit pay raise application, a cfp for SAMLA, a textbook review, scheduling of advising appointments for next week, and a report on the conference I just attended (to the folks who helped fund it). Long story short, I could use another week of break.

This evening, I was about to head home with a big stack of papers to grade and the best of intentions to plow through them tonight. As I pushed open to the door to head outside, I felt a searing pain in my hand. A freakin' wasp that got inside the building had perched itself on the door handle. Lovely. Fortunately, I am not nearly as allergic to stings as I used to be (in fact, I wonder if I am at all), but it sure did hurt. That was enough to throw me off my carefully planned schedule.

Right now, for instance, I should be grading. Instead, I am blogging and catching up on some shows sitting on the DVR.

Anyway, here's are some links that have been clogging up my bookmarks, the first of several link dumps I've got planned for tonight. Let's start with the purely funny and random ones:

First, take a look at yourlogomakesmebarf.com and blackpeopleloveus.com.

Also, leave it to the Japanese to invent stink-free underwear.

Enjoy. More to come...

No comments: