Saturday, December 13, 2008

Adventures in Grading: Cheese Edition

The good news: I've just finished entering my last set of grades for the semester. The bad news: this semester, I didn't find nearly as many hilarious pieces of student writing to excerpt as in previous semesters. I am not sure why. But just when I was losing hope of finding anything good, I came across this gem:

"If there is any truth in modern advertising, it is that sex sells, whether advertising alcohol, cars, or cheese."

Cheese? Really?

Awesome.

But then I got to thinking--can sex sell cheese? I asked Vogel about this and she said, "Sex does not sell cheese. At all."

Well, not so fast, my friends.



Or try this one:



So there it is--sex can sell ANYTHING. Even stinky cheese.

By the way, here's one more cheese commercial I found while searching youtube. It has nothing to do with sex, but it really made me laugh--and made me want to dance around my kitchen with my family singing about cheese.

No comments: