Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Vogel's Defense

On June 27, a wonderful event took place in Greensboro. Vogel successfully defended her dissertation. To help celebrate the occasion, I drove down to GSO to surprise her and help celebrate. First stop, a lunch at Liberty Oak, this great restaurant downtown. Later, it was drinks at Cafe Europa--and then, well...it was a long night/morning and a great weekend overall.

A couple of pictures worth sharing...


Vogel and David at lunch.


Wilkie at lunch. She's also also recently defended (thus the happy look!).


Vogel and I at Cafe Europa.


On Saturday evening, Vogel and I stopped by David's new apartment to watch him unpack. Check out the label on one of his boxes.


Finally, a funny sign from a restaurant downtown. I wonder what a Vietnames sandwich tastes like.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I love that you say you stopped by his new apartment to "watch" - not help- him unpack! Ok...and what is up with the purses???

Shannon said...

p.s. Congrats to Liz!

AMT said...

I think that "STUD NTS" is pretty funny, too.

And, I don't know about Vietnames sandwiches, but Vietnamese sandwiches are pretty darn yummy! We had those for supper last night, actually.

Heidi said...

I am glad you caught the "watch" him unpack. In our defense, though, his boxes were all disordered and I don't think he even knew where he wanted stuff yet.

The purse box thing? Well...he got the boxes from a (female) friend who just moved and he didn't put his own labels on them, thus the disorder I mentioned above. Can you imagine moving without labeling your boxes? Boys are so bad at these kinds of things. Still, it made for a funny joke.