Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Orleans Part 2: Sight-seeing

Sorry this has taken me so long, but I am finally going to create a couple more posts with pictures from New Orleans. (You can find Part I here, although it's a really short post.) I didn't take too many pictures that would fall in the sight-seeing genre, but here are a few:


The cathedral in Jackson Square. (This is a pretty typical tourist photo of New Orleans, I think.)


Another shot of Jackson Square.


Some houses/stores in the French Quarter.


A stop that really excited us as literature nerds: Faulkner House Books, a store located in the house where Faulker wrote Soldier's Pay. Of course, we did a bit of shopping there, too. I bought this book, which I am dying to read, although I haven't had the chance to start it yet. Maybe this summer?


Here's the sign on the outside of the building.


Here's Vogel posing in front of a weird statue down by the river front.


Pose Part Two: Where she displays the modesty she wishes the statue was showing. (The statue is called "Old Man River" and you can read a bit about it here.)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

love the pictures! Vogel cracks me up! You should tell her my STD cat name joke!

anyway...am I missing something?? where is New Orleans Part 1???

Heidi said...

I've just added a link to the post to indicate where you can find Part 1. It's a pretty short post, which is why you probably don't remember it--and I didn't call it Part 1.

I'll tell Vogel your joke!

Shannon said...

I was thinking that one of those emails might be part one...but since it wasn't labeled as such, I wasn't sure!! thanks for setting me straight!