Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pet sterilization becomes the law...

...in L.A. My libertarian streak rails just a bit against the government telling me what I have to do to my pets, but that's only for a moment. In the end, in a country with so many unwanted cats and dogs, I think this is very smart legislation. I can see problems, though, in terms of enforcement, etc. It seems to me that the people most likely to obey this law are the ones who would have spayed or neutered their pets anyway. But, it's a good start...

This issue has been on my mind a lot lately, especially since last week I had three homeless cats outside my back doors--sitting in the snow and peering in at me, Bing, and Wes. Heartbreaking stuff. It killed me, but as my sister reminded me, "You can't save all of them." Believe me, I know this--in fact, I think I am still paying off the costs of "saving" Huckleberry last summer.

What do the rest of you think about this law? And while I am thinking of it, give a click over at the Animal Rescue Site.

Update: Drudge is running this story, too, but also with the hilarious picture below:


You can practically hear the "Gulp!"

No comments: