Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Yeah, I know Halloween was last week...

My parents visited a couple of weekends ago, which gave my mother ample time to engage in her usual commentary about Bing and Wesley. To recap, Wes is the sweet one, but "there's not too much going on upstairs," while Bing isn't as friendly but is "the more attractive one," especially because "he's got a nice face." Does this give you any insights into what it was like growing up in my house? Anyway, I always feel offended on behalf of both boys, as you can imagine.

I do know, though, that my mom is actually quite fond of both of the cats. She is also determined that some feline member of our family makes it into the "Page a Day Cat Calendar." I am proud to say that time and again, she says that of all the cats, Bing is most suited to break on through and become famous, at least for a day. (He was, after all, featured in the SPCA of the Triad Newsletter, right?) She's constantly saying that I should send in that photo of Bing in the dustpan...or in the sink...or in the dryer.

This year, though, she's decided that the sure way to get a Hanrahan Feline into the calendar is to go with a holiday theme. "They love those pictures," she explained. (I think she's right about this--they do encourage holiday-themed pictures.) So, on the Saturday night of my parents' visit, my mom made me do a brief holiday photo shoot of the boys. Here, then, for your viewing pleasure, "Bing, Wes, and a Plastic Pumpkin."



Very dramatic. The pumpkin looks one way, Wes looks another.



Spooky--Bing's eyes glow like the pumpkin's!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Awww.... they look so cute!! I really like the one of Wes!! (no offense to Bing or your mom... but I think Wes is one of the most handsomest kitties around!!).