Thursday, November 1, 2007

Poe on the big screen...

Shannon forwarded me this article about plans to make a movie adaptation of Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart." I am not sure how this could work--one of the strengths of Poe's story (to me, at least) is its brevity. There is so much we don't know about the narrator, his victim, and their relationship--and that makes for a better story. But I'll keep an eye out for this if it comes to a theater near me. What do the rest of you think?

You might enjoy this 1953 animated version of the story. It's pretty awesome and, in my mind, the ideal way to dramatize the story.


Thanks, Shan, for the link--and for helping make Poe one of the most common topics on this blog!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

woo hoo! I love being mentioned in blogs!! I started to watch the animation...but it was getting too long. maybe on another day!!