Thursday, November 29, 2007

A couple more thoughts on Thanksgiving...

I didn't take that many pictures when I was home, but I do have a few more stray ones worth posting...

It is always great to see the kids when I go home. They are endlessly entertaining and often a lot more fun than the adults.


Doesn't Colin look grown up in this picture? He and I always have fun together. He's my godson, and I told Tara that I think we are a good match since he's a lot like me.


Of course, when you are the aunt who lives hours away, you have to be sure to be on guard against emotional manipulation of all kinds. No worries--my parents raised us rather strictly (to put it mildly), so I don't put up with a lot from the kids. Of course, when Olivia makes a face like this--"don't I look sweet and innocent?"--it's awfully hard to keep up a strong front.


My last thought on Thanksgiving? It can wear you out! I need a vacation from my "vacation" in New York. So here's a sweet picture of Jeff and Colin that sums up that sentiment, taken after dinner on Thanksgiving. Jeff knocked himself out cooking a great feast (yes, I did help), and deserves some major credit for doing so.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow... I don't think I would recognize Colin at all! He is getting so big! Olivia still looks the same to me (a little bigger...but her face looks the same). Colin, on the other hand... seems to have changed a lot. Maybe it is just me... who knows. Has his hair gotten darker??

no matter what... all of your nieces and nephews are cute kids! How could they not be with Tante Heidi in the family!!

Heidi said...

Yeah--he looks incredibly grown-up in that picture. His hair is darker, I think. He's grown a lot since he first arrived here, hasn't he? I think better nutrition and individual care has a lot to do with that. He's not a baby anymore, that's for sure. He is, though, still shorter and weighs much less than Aidan, who is nine months younger.

Aidan just about the same height as Olivia, and they are 18 months apart. Of course, Aidan is also a big kid.

Thanks for the cuteness compliment, too. Flattery will get you everywhere with me.