Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Return of the snail

My parents, my brother Christian, my sister-in-law Jennifer, and my niece and nephew, Kelsie and Aidan, visited me this past weekend. You can expect a couple more posts on their visit, but let's start with a returning guest star from a previous post--the common snail. Kelsie, Aidan, and I were playing in the yard behind my apartment and found dozens of snails on the edge of some tall weeds. Here are a couple of shots of note:



Give Kelsie points for bravery, because she just picked a bunch of the suckers up and carried them over to show her folks. They weren't all that impressed, although the grandparents thought they were cool.



Close up of "snail hands."



Kind of gross AND kind of cool. Afterwards, we put all the snails back where we found them (more or less).

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Ahh...the return of the snail. But Dr. Heidi, Did you teach them (your fam) about snails in literature???

AMT said...

Kelsie is super brave!

Did they all stay at your house? Because that would be one full house! (Cue "Full House" theme song.)

Heidi said...

Nope--my parents stayed at a hotel. But it was a full house nonetheless. You forget how quiet things are when you live alone.

Judith Blakley said...

Hahaha!
Kids are fun when they're still adventurous... unfortunately mine have become "too old" for fun stuff like that.