Monday, August 13, 2007

Chatham Lighthouse

As I mentioned in the previous post, we stayed in Chatham, where Vogel's parents have an awesome house. Chatham has a really cute and fun downtown area, but what I was most interested in, at least initially (being my father's daughter), was the Chatham Lighthouse, pictured below.



Right opposite the lighthouse is a beach where we went swimming one day. The first night we were there, though, we stopped by the lighthouse and I tried to take some pictures. Since I am just learning how to use my camera, and since it was really dark there, I couldn't figure out how to turn off the flash. The result was a couple of really spooky and cool photos. Vogel loved them. It was very foggy and humid that night, so what you are seeing (I think) is the moisture in the air. You are also free to think that they are ghostly entities. Accidents make for cool pictures, huh?





Another day, we stopped by a bit earlier in the evening and took these pretty shots. (And Vogel might kill me for putting her picture up here, but she'll get over it. And she LOVED that Java made it into the previous post, so maybe she won't mind?)





More to come later...

One last note: since my laptop is still broken, I didn't have access to any photo-editing software. The images from the previous post, you might see, are still quite large--too large for a blog and the space blogger allocates. (I am talking about file size here--not so much image size. Also, I couldn't crop anything either). My computer here at school doesn't have anything on it to scale things down, so I downloaded GIMP, a free program that works great. Props to freeware!

2 comments:

AMT said...

I really like the pink sky in those photos of the two of you. Those are probably ghosts in your other photos. I am pretty sure that most lighthouses are haunted, and since Mass. is covered in lighthouses, the ghosts probably just spill out into the air.

Shannon said...

"I see dead people"