Friday, July 20, 2007

Home Sweet Home

The move went well and the boys and I are all settled in Martinsburg, WV. We moved on Friday, using Always Reliable Moving. I highly recommend them--very friendly, fast, and affordable. It took me a bit longer to get unpacked than it has in the past, but things are finally done (for now). I promised some folks I would post pictures of the new place, so here they are. Indulge me as I lead you on a virtual tour! Oh--and to make it even more fun, you can play "Spot Bing and Wesley!" They managed to work their way into several pictures.



Here's the outside view. The apartment is a duplex, with the kitchen, living room, dining area and a half bath downstairs, and two bedrooms and a full bath upstairs.



Here's the view looking in from the front door. To your immediate left is the kitchen. In front of you on the right are the doors that lead to where the washer and dryer are. Ahead on your left is a door to a large storage area under the stairs. Ahead just a bit more on your left is the door to the half bath. Directly in front of you is the dining area and living room.



If you walk in the front door and turn to your right, this the view of the kitchen you would see. The cabinet space is pretty spacious and user friendly.



Another view of the kitchen, this time from the dining area. You can see that the kitchen has a kind of unusual "L" shape, but it works just fine.



A view of the dining room, from the living room looking in. The closet you can see in front of you is a coat closet, where I've also stashed the vacuum.



From the dining room, looking into the living room. You can see the door that open to the back patio. My living room here is a bit smaller than in my two previous apartments. The biggest drawback is that my very comfy chair has to be next to the TV (as you'll see below), which means no TV watching from the big chair.



Turning to your left a bit, another view of the living room. (Notice the comfy chair's position).



A final view of the living room. This is the wall opposite the TV and comfy chair.



This is the back patio. I've still got some things to hang up out here (plant hooks, windchimes), but it's a nice little space.



View from the patio looking out on a pretty tree where I'll hang my bird feeder.



Heading back inside, on our way upstairs. Here's a view from the living room looking towards the hallway. Again, you can see the coat closet right in front of you, the half bath and the storage closet on your right.



Here's a view looking up the stairs. Can I just tell you tell you how much Bing and Wesley and love having stairs? They chase each other up and down them and then do laps around the kitchen.



At the top of the stairs, standing in the office doorway. Ahead is the linen closet. To your right is the bathroom and straight ahead is the bedroom.



The first view of the office (sorry about the lighting). The office is a nice space, with two windows and a spacious closet.



If you are standing in the office against the wall with the windows, this would be the view in front of you. Yes, I still have that old $30 K-mart desk and $5 UNCG surplus chair. Now that I am settled, I will begin to shop in earnest for a real desk!



Another view of the office. My office has become my catch-all room, filled with various knick-knacks and kitschy things. That makes it fun, in my opinion.



A final view of the office. In front of you is the door to the closet.



A shot of the bathroom, which feels just a bit inappropriate to me. Oh well.



The bedroom. This would be looking to your right after you walk in the room. The closet is on your right.



The bedroom, the view opposite the bed.



One last view of the bedroom, standing in the doorway looking straight ahead.

Here endeth our tour. Hope you enjoyed it.

5 comments:

AMT said...

I am so glad you did this! I have taken a few pictures of our place to share with people, but I wasn't sure if people would think it was lame or not, so now I feel like I can post mine with no hint of lameness.

Anyway, I love your place! It looks really nice. It reminds me of where Mike and I lived in Johnson City.

Also, I really like the lighting in the pic of the first view of the office. It looks so homey!

Heidi said...

It is kind of scary that you are using me as your lameness-meter. You might want to reconsider that! But, I am glad you enjoyed the tour.

Heather said...

I love the new place Heidi. It looks like you are all settled in and doing well. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Shannon said...

I like the new digs! can't wait to come in for a visit!!

Anonymous said...

maybe you should give up teaching and go into real estate. you did a nice vitual tour.