Tuesday, June 19, 2007

RCs Class of '99 catches the blogging bug

As I mentioned below, my good friends Heather and Burt have a blog for their son, Will, who at this point is playing coy. (His due date was June 14 and they are still waiting for him to show up). But although they are the first, they aren't my only college friends who have recently jumped onto the blogging bandwagon.

Jane, one of my best friends in the world, has just started AzerbaiJane, a blog all about her experience in the Peace Corps. She leaves on the 24th to start her training before flying to Azerbaijan on June 26th. What she writes will definitely be worth checking out--she's an awesome, interesting, and fun person and I sure she'll be able to capture that all in her writing as she does this very important work. By the way, isn't her blog's name awesome? I wonder what amazingly clever and witty person came up with it.

Then there's my good friend, Shannon, who keeps a blog about her cats, especially an epileptic stray she recently took in (you can't make this stuff up!). She hasn't updated it in awhile, but it's a good read, especially if you are a cat fan.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Credit where credit is due, my friend. My blog title is all because of the highly esteemed Dr. Heidi.

AMT said...

Hey! You didn't tell me you started a blog!! The only reason I found it is because I happened to notice the super cute photo of you next to your posting on the Baby Blog and clicked on it. Now I think that I have to start a blog, too. The class of '99 is only about 5 years behind the trends of the world, eh?

Heidi said...

Yes, Amber--by all means, start a blog, too. You can can call it something related to Canada. Maybe, "Amber's Blog, eh?" or "Amber Sparkles" (an homage to that GREAT "How I Met Your Mother" episode.

And no, I am a bit reluctant to spread the news about this blog because I remain unconvinced that I have anything all that interesting to say! But I am SUPER excited about getting comments. Thanks, Jane and Amber.

AMT said...

Oh, I've got nothing to do all day besides comment on blogs! I like your blog title suggestions. I was thinking something like "Amber in Guelph" but yours are really way better. I do sort of love "Amber Sparkles," although it might be a little too stripper for me. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course, it's not too stripper for me! :)

Heidi said...

Well, we all know you would embrace Robin Sparkle's hit--"Let's go to the MALL!...today!" Let me know if and when your big, bad, stripper (?) blog goes live!